woensdag, februari 27, 2019

Af te halen bij AH, voor bij de lollies



Klik
Klik


Listing the improbabilities

Sergeant Reed began by telling Pell they would be going back to his time at Melbourne's St Patrick's Cathedral.
The Cardinal sucked on a lolly as he was shown photos of the choirboys involved.
"I didn't know any kids in the choir in '96," Pell said as he handed the photos back to Sergeant Reed.

As the detective began running through dates and names significant to the case, Pell uncrossed his arms to take notes of the conversation.



In submissions to Victorian County Court Chief Judge Peter Kidd during a plea hearing, Pell's barrister Robert Richter QC said the offences were "no more than a plain vanilla sexual penetration case where the child is not volunteering or actively participating".

Cardinal George Pell has had his bail revoked in the County Court in Melbourne, meaning tonight he will spend his first night behind bars.

He will be sentenced on March 13.


George Pell's victim responds to the cardinal's conviction for child sex abuse victim released this statement via his lawyer:

"Thank you for your interest in this case.
Like many survivors I have experienced shame, loneliness, depression and struggle. Like many survivors it has taken me years to understand the impact on my life.
At some point we realise that we trusted someone we should have feared and we fear those genuine relationships that we should trust.
I would like to thank my family near and far for their support of me, and of each other.
I am a witness in a case brought by the State of Victoria. I have put my trust in the police and the criminal justice system.
The process has been stressful and it is not over yet.
I need space and time to cope with the ongoing criminal process.
I understand this is a big news story but please don't reveal my identity.
I ask that the media respect my privacy. I don't want to give any interviews. Please don't come to my home. I want to protect my young family and my parents. I don't want them swept into the spotlight.
I am not a spokesperson about child sexual abuse. There are many other survivors and advocates who bravely fill this role.
I am just a regular guy working to support and protect my family as best I can.

Thank you for your support and understanding"

BOL.COM


Geen opmerkingen: