donderdag, november 30, 2017

una a una ESMA III




“We waited for eight years for Marta to come back. I had the illusion that they were alive. Now I realize how much of a fool I was … for what purpose did we have justice? Why did not they have the right to a trial as you have today?”
Marta Ocampo Casco de Vásquez 

 11 juli 2013 hearing   





Marta recalled that María Marta and César went to work at the Bajo Flores district. “They had a little school. I helped them when a teacher did not show up … they were happy going to the little village; they stayed during the night with the children to help the mothers, they organized parties, or soccer games.”

Marta also recounted a meeting she had with Adolfo Scilingo. As part of a documentary that the BBC was filming, they shot some scenes first in the district of Bajo Flores, then at her house and finally in La Plata, where Scilingo was jailed. Marta wanted to ask him a few questions, and showed him some photos. “He took the two pictures and kept looking at them. Concerning César’s picture, he said ‘I never saw him,’ but his face changed when he saw Maria Marta’s; he became pale. He then told me: ‘you know that she is not [here] anymore, but your grandson is’.” Marta did not know, until that moment, that her daughter was pregnant when she was kidnapped. Scilingo insinuated that María Marta “had flown.” “I want to know why, who gave the order, where are her remains,” said Marta, very moved by the memory. Once out of jail, Scilingo went to her house “… and spoke for about three hours; he said that he saw my daughter on December 1976 with a very advanced pregnancy. In 1977, a doctor came and said ‘We had a very busy night, the child of María Marta Vázquez was born.’ To this day I do not know if I have a grandson, if I search or not for a grandson.”

Geen opmerkingen: